Important Notice about Products
Report of Software Defect in TR-71W/TR-72W
Date Issued: November 21, 2005
A defect has been uncovered that occurs when downloading recorded data from TR-71W / 72W that causes the time of the data in the Temperature and Humidity Graph to be calculated and displayed incorrectly.
We sincerely apologize to our customers for any inconvenience or trouble this may have caused.
In an attempt to solve this problem we have released a patch program in an updated version on our website. Please use this to update the unit’s internal program.
We will do our best to ensure product quality and make sure this kind of thing does not happen in the future.
Situation in which problem occurs
- 1.Devices in which problem occurs
- This problem occurs when using T&D Data Loggers: TR-71W/72W.
- 2.What happens when problem occurs
- When viewing downloaded recorded data from TR-71W / 72W data loggers in the Temperature and Humidity Graph, the time of the data is displayed incorrectly.
The cause is a defect in the script of the internal software for TR-71W /72W.
Please follow the directions below in order to use the TR-71W / 72W update program released here to solve this problem.
We are very sorry for the trouble this may cause our customers.
Check to confirm that your product is in need of the update or not
Procedure for checking the version of your product's internal software
- Open your internet browser, and display the TR-71W / 72W web site.
- Open the [Administrator Tools].
- From the left menu, open [Properties].
If the version number that appears below the word “Property” is [Ver.1.00(****)] then your product is in need of the update and you should continue with installation. If the update has already been installed or your product is not in need of the update, the version number will appear as [Ver1.01E(****)].
Installing the Software Update
- Download the Software Update to a Folder
- Click on “SUD7W101E.exe” to start the installation.
- Download the Software Update from the bottom of this page.
Caution before Updating
Make sure that the TR-71W / 72W Data Logger into which you wish to install the update and the computer into which you open the Software Update are connected to the same local LAN network.
The update cannot be carried out on TR-71W/72W Loggers which are connected to an external LAN via a router.
- The Software Update can only be used with “Windows 2000”, “Windows XP” or above.
- During the update installation, do not carry out any changes to TR-71W / 72W settings or any data downloading.
- During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the TR-71W/72W Logger electrical power.The Logger may not continue to work properly.
- If an error occurs during the updating process, please try a few more times.If an error continues to occur, restart the TR-71W / 72W Logger.
In the folder in which you saved the compressed software update, double click on “SUD7W101E.exe” to open the update program.
Once the update program has been executed, the [Script-Update] display as seen below will appear.
Enter the TR-71W / 72W address, Login ID, and Password, then click [Start].
When using Windows XP SP2 or above, the following Security Alert may appear. If it does, click [Unblock].
When the message, [Update was completed], the update has been successfully installed.
There is no need to restart a TR-71 / 72W logger after the update installation has been completed.
Please access your TR-71W / TR72W web site and under Administrator Tools, check the Properties display. If the version number appears as [Ver. 1.01E(****)], then the update has been successfully installed and the process is complete.
If during the updating process, there is a pause of more than a minute, click the [Close] button to close the update program and try again from the beginning.