RTR-500DC Firmware Update Tool
||RTR-500DC Firmware Update Tool
|This is an update program for the RTR-500DC firmware.
October 31, 2013
|Compatible OS (*1)(*2)
Microsoft Windows 8 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit (SP1 or later)
Microsoft Windows XP 32bit (SP3 or later)
(*1) For installation, it is necessary to have Administrator (Computer Administrator) rights.
(*2) If you are using Windows 8, please note that our software is designed to be used in "Desktop" mode only.
How to Check your RTR-500DC Firmware Version
When turning on your RTR-500DC, the first screen that appears will display [Version x.x]. Check the displayed version number.
Firmware Update Procedures
1. Using a USB cable, connect the RTR-500DC to the PC in which "RTR-500DC Firmware Update Tool" will be executed.
2. Execute the downloaded "RTR-500DC Firmware Update Tool".
3. Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the Firmware.
* During the updating process, make sure not to turn off the power of the RTR-500DC or disconnect the USB cable. Either action may cause the RTR-500DC to not work properly.
* All recorded data stored in the RTR-500DC will be erased when you update the firmware.
* Note that clock settings will be initialized (2010-01-01 00:00:00) upon execution of the update program.
Summary of changes
Version 1.6 : October 2013.
- It is now possible to change the recording interval and recording mode in [Record Settings] > [Start Recording] for wireless and optical/serial communication.
Version 1.4 : October 2012.
- Made compatible with the RTR-507 and RTR-576.
Version 1.2 : July 2011.
- Support has been added for new model.
- A function was added to allow downloading data by group or for all groups.
- A function was added to the [Beep] settings, to allow turning off only sound for button operation.
- Revised to display a message if the clock settings have not been made when the power is turned ON.
- Revised so that if a Remote Unit is already in a condition that meets criteria for a warning when the RTR-500DC starts monitoring via wireless communication, that warning status will be recognized and a warning will be issued.
- Fixed an error that occurred while communicating with a PC wherein multiple operations were carried at the same time, such as turning ON/OFF the RTR-500DC and Remote Unit communication, that resulted in optical communication or menu operation being inoperable.
- Fixed a problem that caused the Remote Unit to display the data in Celsius regardless of the unit setting when recording was started from the RTR-500DC via wireless communication.
- Fixed an error that occurred when the RTR-500DC used Immediate Recording for the RTR-574 via wireless communication, whereby the time of downloaded data (recording start time) was a few seconds off.