RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
||RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
|The RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool is a program to update the internal firmware of RTR-500NW/AW units.
For RTR-500NW/AW Units (FCC model and CE model).
February 15, 2013
|Compatible OS (*1)(*2)
Microsoft Windows 8 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit (SP1 or later)
Microsoft Windows XP 32bit (SP3 or later)
(*1) For installation, it is necessary to have Administrator (Computer Administrator) rights.
(*2) If you are using Windows 8, please note that our software is designed to be used in "Desktop" mode only.
Procedures for checking your RTR-500W Firmware Version
Open the RTR-500W Settings Utility.
After selecting the target RTR-500W from the displayed list, open "Base Unit Settings...".
Go to Settings Table > Base Unit Settings > Version to check the Firmware Version.
Firmware Update Procedures
Using a USB cable, connect the RTR-500NW/AW to the PC in which "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool" will be executed.
Execute the downloaded "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool".
Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the Firmware.
Note that "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool" cannot be executed via network.
In order to update the Firmware, the RTR-500NW/AW needs to be connected to a PC with a USB cable so that the PC can execute the program.
Before connecting a USB cable, make sure that the PC has the USB device driver installed.
Summary of changes
Version 2.00 : February 2013
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using the Current Readings Monitor, where the amount of time since gathering the latest data was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a problem where current readings info from Remote Units that are assigned specific Remote Unit Numbers, were sometimes omitted from the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where current readings within a specific temperature range were output incorrectly in the Current Readings Data (XML file).
Version 1.90 : December 2012
- Fixed a problem that occurred when downloading data from RTR-576, where there was a problem with the data.
- Revised the text to be used in the warning report mail so that when the warning status changes from ON to OFF during a warning judgement time period, the warning/recovery status is relayed in one message.
- The signal strength of the Remote Unit was added to the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where email transmission sometimes failed when using POP before SMTP.