RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
||RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool
|This is a program to update the firmware of RTR-500NW/AW units (FCC model and CE model).
November 13, 2015
|Compatible OS (*1)
Microsoft Windows 10 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 8 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows 7 32/64bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit (SP1 or later)
|Display Languages (*2)
* Parts of the software and documentation are in English.
(*1) For installation, it is necessary to have Administrator (Computer Administrator) rights.
(*2) We recommend using an operating system in the same language as the display language. Operation in different language is not guaranteed.
- Please confirm the compatible products and make sure to update the correct firmware.
- For how to check the firmware version of your device, please refer to "RTR-500W Firmware Update Info
- If you are using the "RTR-500W for Windows" version lower than 1.43, please update the software as well.
Firmware Update Procedures
(1) Please make the following preparations before update:
- Connect the AC adaptor to the RTR-500NW/AW.
- Exit all T&D applications (such as the Settings Utility) running on your computer.
- If you are using the RTR-500NW, remove the LAN cable from the device.
- Using a USB cable, connect the RTR-500NW/AW to the PC in which "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool" will be executed.
Before connecting a USB cable, make sure that the PC has the USB device driver installed. (By installing the application "RTR-500W for Windows", the USB device driver will also be installed.)
(2) Execute the downloaded "RTR-500W Firmware Update Tool".
(3) Please follow the instructions on the screen to update the firmware.
Summary of Changes
Version 2.70 : November 2015
- Changed the warning output (contact output) operation; when a new warning occurs when there is already another warning active, the contact output will now be turned OFF once and then turned back ON again to notify the user that a new warning has occurred.
Version 2.60 : October 2014
- Fixed a problem where a warning continued to be issued when the warning condition only occurred for a short time.
- Fixed a problem where Remote Unit registration info was erased when a communication error occurred while registering a new Remote Unit or making changes to the Remote Unit Settings. (This is effective only for RTR-500W Settings Utility Ver.1.45 and above)
- Improved the stability of wireless communication with Remote Units when sending Current Readings and during Warning Monitoring.
Version 2.50 : June 2014
- Fixed a problem where FTP transmission failed if the file name exceeded 64 bytes.
- Fixed a problem where the FTP file name might be garbled when sending data to the FTP server.
- Fixed a problem where "?" could not be used in the Wireless LAN Password.
Version 2.40 : February 2014
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the auto-sending of recorded data function was set to ON, data downloaded from RTR-601 was sometimes missing.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when the warning mail transmission function was set to OFF in the Warning Settings, the contact output did not operate during a warning condition.
Version 2.30 : December 2013
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning transmission.
- A change has been made to enable selection of the conditions for warning with contact output.
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.30 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.43 or later.
Version 2.20 : September 2013
Fixed the following problems:
- Daylight savings time was not reflected in e-mails sent by the RTR-500NW/AW.
- The character "%" could not be used in the User ID / Password for SMTP authentication.
- Unstable operation
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.20 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
Version 2.10 : July 2013
- In the "Auto-Sending of Recorded Data" settings, the required minimum spacing (or period) between transmissions was changed from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
* The RTR-500NW/AW Firmware version 2.10 needs to be used in combination with the RTR-500W for Windows version 1.42 or later.
Version 2.00 : February 2013
- Fixed a problem that occurred when using the Current Readings Monitor, where the amount of time since gathering the latest data was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a problem where current readings info from Remote Units that are assigned specific Remote Unit Numbers, were sometimes omitted from the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where current readings within a specific temperature range were output incorrectly in the Current Readings Data (XML file).
Version 1.90 : December 2012
- Fixed a problem that occurred when downloading data from RTR-576, where there was a problem with the data.
- Revised the text to be used in the warning report mail so that when the warning status changes from ON to OFF during a warning judgement time period, the warning/recovery status is relayed in one message.
- The signal strength of the Remote Unit was added to the Current Readings Data (XML file).
- Fixed a problem where email transmission sometimes failed when using POP before SMTP.